Frequently Asked Questions
- Pump returns
Pumps cannot be returned for incorrect choice.
Please confirm what pump you require before ordering.
- Reasons for using rainwater?
• its free • no chemicals • saves you money • renewable resource
- How much water do we use ?
On average each of us uses 147litres of water per day equals to 53,000 litres per year:
• 30% shower • 20%outdoors • 19% tap bath and other • 16% washing machine • 14% toilet • 1% dishwasher
- What benefit is there to connect to toilet laundry?
• toilet single flush 5L per flush
• toilet dual flush 10L per flush
• washing front loader 60L per load
• washing top loader 150L per load
• car washing for 10 minutes 200L
• Garden sprinkler for 1 hour 1000L
- Can I get a tank made to order?
No. Enviro Water Tanks are made in a rotomoulding process. This means that tanks can only be made in the sizes we manufacture.
- Can I return my tank?
Tanks cannot be returned for incorrect size or colour. All sizes are approximate and can vary slightly in manufacturing colours are matched to Colourbond colours. Please note colours on the computer can vary. it's important to get the colour from Colourbond before deciding
- Do the tank sizes vary?
Measurements are approximate only due to the manufacturing process, and size may vary slightly.
- How long will it take for my tank to fill up with rain water?
Obviously, this is dependant on the volume and timing of rainfall in your area. To calculate the run-off from your roof, 1ml of rain on 1 square metre of roof will deliver 1 litre of water into your tank. As a rough guide:
• An average 1 car carport is 25 square metres
• An average 3 bedroom house has a roof surface area of approx. 150 square metres
• An average 4 bedroom house has a roof surface area of approx. 200 square metres.
• An average 5 bedroom house has a roof surface area of approx. 300 square metres
So, if you have an average 3 bedroom house and a 3000L tank, it would take 20ml of rain to fill your tank.
- How safe is it for drinking from?
With emphasis today on the environment, sustainability and climate change, we are proud to announce that the products we use are heavy metal-free.
Enviro Water Tanks use environmentally friendly products. We do not add Phthalates (typically di-2-ethylhexylphthalate (DEHP) also sometimes known as Dioctyl phthalate (DOP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), and Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)) nor Bisphenol A.
Powder used in the manufacture of our tanks contains absolutely no toxic heavy metals such as lead, cadmium and chromium. This complies with the Australian and New Zealand Standards.
We guarantee you an environmentally friendly quality product which is 100% food safe for the whole family.
- INSTALLATION GUIDE
Installation and site preparation for an Enviro Water Tanks polyethylene water tank
1. Ensure that the area chosen is stable original ground and not filling soil.
2. All Enviro Water Tanks tanks must be on a level base of concrete 100mm thick with a minimum strength 25m.p.a. and one layer of F72 reinforcement.
3. Concrete must extend a minimum of 30mm outside of the tank perimeter of the tank.
4. Crusher dust may be used but must be a minimum of 75 mm thick, compacted and the outside edge must extend a minimum of 30mm outside of the tank's perimeter with edges concreted so the tank cannot be undermined.
5. All tanks come complete with a ball valve, stainless steel mesh strainer and a tank overflow fitting.
6. Enviro Water Tanks recommends a professional tank installer or plumber should install your tank.
7. Polyethylene tanks will expand when filled. Allowance for expansion is required when plumbing work is carried out.
8. Clean leaves & debris from strainer on a regular basis.
- What colour can I choose?
We have all of the Colorbond® steel and roofing colours available. There is no extra cost for your choice of colour. Please refer to our PDF file on the water tank colour matching guide. Please note that some colours may have new or different names but the colours themselves remain the same.
Please note deleted colours from Colorbond® are:
• Pale Terracotta
• Plantation (Forest Pine)
• Dark Grey
- What does my tank come with?
• Mosquito-proof leaf strainer
• Ball valve
• Overflow connection
• 25mm brass outlets moulded into the tanks
- Where can I have the overflows and outlets on my round tank?
- Why should I purchase an Enviro Water Tank?
• Enviro Water Tanks have full Product Certification AS/NZS 4766:2006
• We go beyond meeting the Australian standards in water tank manufacturing
• Our tanks are designed by a structural engineer so you have peace of mind knowing you are investing in a good quality product
• Our tanks come with a 20 year warranty
• All tanks have been tested using a simulated engineering analysis to show that all Enviro Water Tanks can withstand huge pressure beyond what is accepted in the industry
• Tanks are made in one piece construction without seams, eliminating the risk of tears or splits
• Brass fitting inserts are moulded into the tank for a complete leak-proof seal